The role of the District Director Governance is to:
- Provide legal and compliance advice to the District Board and to Clubs as required.
- Seek to ensure that the District Board has appropriate systems and training in place in legal and compliance issues for Club leaders.
- Ensure compliance by the District Board and Clubs with the risk management policies adopted by the Board.
- Regularly review District policies to ensure they remain current from the perspective of legal and RI requirements.
- Provide training for Club leaders at the Presidents Elect Training Seminar, Secretaries Elect Training Seminar and the District Training Assembly on legal and compliance issues.
The District Director Governance is assisted in this role by the following District officers:
District Legal Officer: Roger Batrouney (Footscray)
District Insurance Officer: Mark Perree (Chadstone/East Malvern)
District Protection Committee Chair and District Protection Officer: Gary Goldsmith (Camberwell)
Clubs Incorporation and Bylaws: PDG Dennis Shore (Hawthorn)
Share this with your friends